With a new year and a new decade comes a great time to refresh and renew. It’s also a great time to review your accomplishes and successes that got you this far. And this is a great time to not only review your vision for your company and your life, but also a great time to refresh, and even step it up and renew it.
When is the last time you reviewed your Vision for your company? Does it still inspire you and the people who work with you? Does it challenge you to excel at what you do? Does it encourage you to make a difference? Does it help you leap out of bed every day and get to work and continually improve what you do and how you do it? Most importantly, is it your WHY? If you answered no to any of these questions, perhaps its time to Renew your company’s vision. Ask yourself some very important questions, such as:
- What does my company do that makes a difference in my client/customer’s lives?
- What is the most important problem that I solve for my clients/customers? How can I do it better?
- How do I help them?
- What do I want my company to accomplish this year, next year, and within the next 5 to 10 years?
- What am I doing too much of? What do I need to do less of?
- Do I have balance in my life? Do I work too many hours? Am I working on the right things, the most important things, or am I doing things that I could delegate?
- Do I love what I do?
- What can I do to help the company grow? What can the company do to make a bigger impact?
With a new year and a new decade often comes a sense of renewal. So now’s a great time to review your company’s vision, refresh it, and make it better.
Find a quiet place, sit down, read your vision, and take some time to refresh or even renew it. Then get your team’s input and make it even better. If you don’t have a vision statement yet for your company, now’s the best time to create one. Having a Vision statement is like having a rudder for your company’s “ship”. It’s the WHY that centers everyone. It helps ensure everyone is working on the same goal, pointed in the same direction, and on the same page. Ask yourself the hard questions, if needed. Answer the questions above. And then get creative. If the words don’t flow, ask someone close what they think your company’s vision is.
Now is a great time to ensure you get clear on the future vision of your company, re-spark your energy, set the sails in the right direction, build your road map, and ensure your company flourishes over the next year and the next decade!